Background

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lots of changes...

The month of December brought a lot of changes in my life. Not only am I still growing baby Jett, but I'm no longer working. I was laid off at the beginning of the month. It was quite a blow, I never saw it coming, and the way my employers did it was very dissappointing, I lost a lot of respect for them. So, I was eight months pregnant, laid off, with my insurance to run out 2 weeks before my due date...

But it turns out it was a blessing in disguise. I got over the blow to my pride, we got set up on Davids insurance, and I've been collecting unemployment. Bella has really enjoyed me staying home with her, and being able to take it easy in this third trimester has been wonderful!

Also, we found out that my husbands grandma died unexpectedly, with the funeral a week before Christmas. So, we traveled to New Mexico for the funeral, and were able to stay with my in laws for the holiday. Traveling this far into the pregnancy was a little scary, but after talking with our doctor, and taking precautions, we decided to go ahead and take a chance. It was a great Christmas, spending it in NM with my awesome family. The weather and the baby cooperated, and now we're safely back in Vegas, anxiously awaiting our new arrival.

We were able to complete getting all the baby stuff we need, and now I feel as ready as possible for Jett to get here. Check out my ticker, he could come any time now!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great trip! Post some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still crossing my fingers for a 1/1/11 or 1/11/11 baby! But either way, come soon Jett!

    ReplyDelete