Background

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Weepy & Pathetic...

I just watched one of my favorite movies ever, The Holiday, and I'm finding that nearly every time I watch it, I relate to a different character in the movie. This time, I am relating to Graham, the Jude Law character. When Amanda is confessing that she never cries, Graham tells her he cries all the time, at commercials, a good book, a hallmark card... Anything and everything sets him off. I know that's not the direct quote, but you get the gist. Do you see where I'm going with this? I have become so weepy! Seeing movies, commercials, blogs, my eyes tear up, and I sniffle, and cry my little tears about nothing. I saw the movie "Life as we know it" with Josh Duhamel,(wiping my drool) and Katherine Heigl, and maybe there was 12 minutes throughout the whole movie that I wasn't wiping moisture off my face... The person sitting next to me was getting super annoyed with my weeping. And then I went to Time out for Women this past weekend, needless to say, anyone who's ever been knows to bring tissues. And the first time I saw one of those St Judes cancer commercials, with the little bald kids, I was nearly inconsolable, David was hugging me, trying to comfort me, and I was balling, "I hope our kid comes out healthy"... I'm a huge bawl baby.

And now for the pathetic part of the blog... (Yes, I did read the top paragraph)
I had another Doctors appt yesterday, I'm now at 28 weeks! This appointment was not the most fun, I had to do my glucose test, and get a shot. The glucose one is super fun, I had to fast for 12 hours before, and then drink a yucky sugary drink, wait an hour, and then have my blood drawn. Yay for needles! NOT. And at the same appointment, I had to get a shot to counteract my negative blood type, and I thought adults could get their shots in the arm?? But no, this one went in a different spot altogether. Lets just say I sat on a pillow for the rest of the day. So I was feeling yucky from the glucose stuff, got a shot in an unmentionable place, and got my blood taken. It was not a fun doctors appointment. Hopefully I will get the results from my test today, and hopefully I pass so that I don't have to go on any diets or other weird things. So yeah, I'm pretty pathetic. And don't get me started on weight... As I'm writing this, my kid is kicking me in the ribs. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Aw what a sweet sister! You are soooo pathetic... Don't worry it took everything I had to not cry during that movie too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weeping will get better once you have your bouncing boy - but not much;)

    Also, you have the Rh factor? Me too. Unfortunately, Joss was born with Rich's blood type so from here on out we'll have to deal with it. Hopefully this guy will have your blood type and you won't have to worry as much about it for your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sooo glad i don't have negative blood. i was already a mess with just the glucose test. welcome to the 3rd trimester ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo - I was a bawl baby in that movie too..maybe just not at the same parts as you! :) you have to get a shot for your blood type? oh gosh... I hate hate hate shots!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was scared to see "Life as we Know it" in the theaters because I knew I'd come out a big bubbly mess. Sorry your doctor's appointments aren't so fun anymore, that just sounds miserable! But you'll get a cute little guy out of them =D

    ReplyDelete